Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day!

What better way to celebrate Earth Day then to recycle something. On Nicole's Blog she has set up a challenge to re-purpose packaging into a craft project. So , I was off on a hunt trying to something to make a craft out of and look what I found. Hestn was setting there eating animal crackers. I thought I LOVE that box!
After he finished look what I turned it into.........


I plan on filling it with candy and giving it to Haydn teacher for Teacher Appreciation Day!


Go check out her blog........She along with others are doing Earth Day Challenges!


I was looking at all the different challenges and boy are there some good ones. I have chosen a few to try.


I could not pass up the chance to use foil on a card so the 2nd challenge I chose was one from Kim's Blog . I love it. Here is my card it was so fun and such a great idea.

Ok guys this is my last one ....for tonight! LOL

Well when I saw this one everyone that knows me would say OMGoodnees that is so Heather so I had to do it & let me tell you that I had a BLAST! I will defiantly be doing this again! The challenge by Suzy was to make a card or other paper crafts project that uses some brown paper bags you have laying around . So here you go. The card is the brown paper bag! (this is the front) (middle)

(back)

Heehee Ok well I have been so inspired that I am not ready to go to sleep so I have been playing with paper and LOVIN' it!!! Everyone is asleep and well I am here having a great time. Here is my next and seriously last one for tonight. The challenge that Teresa has set up is to make a card using OLD TEXT. Well here is my go at it.



(up close of the flower)

7 comments:

Scrappin' Mama said...

Cute! You are just a crafty person lately!!

Kim said...

Fantastic work! The foil looks amazing on your card!! Thank you so much for visiting and for playing along with my challenge!

Nicole Maki said...

Heather you rocked these challenges!

I just love how the animal cracker box became the cutest little purse! Great thinking.

Love your cards too - you are so creative!

The deadline is tomorrow at midnight so enter as often as you like :-)

Teresa Abajo said...

I LOVE the old text flower! Maybe you could post a little tutorial - I'd love to learn to make one.
Thanks for entering my challenge!

... said...

You are on a roll girl!! Love it all, keep the mojo flowin girl!!!!

Kathi said...

All of your challenge cards are great. So glad you played along with us!

Tifany said...

Wow...beautiful stuff! Congrats on winning!