Monday, March 23, 2009

Update on Mom

Mom is doing phenomenal. She is having minor side effect( minor to me but I know that it is a pain in the rear to her).....but all in all I think that she is doing GREAT!!!

I have to tell this funny story( I am sure I will have MANY more) but Mom and I LOVE Sonic drinks, well we always go and get a drink when we are doing our running. last week we went and I got ready to order Mom regular but then she said I want.......and paused and she started thinking.......Uummmm......1/2 diet Dr Pepper and 1/2 diet Sprite! I sat there and waited for what she really wanted and after a minute or so I looked over at her and said "what do you want to drink?' Knowing that she couldn't really want that. But sure enough she did, so there I was ordering 1/2 diet Dr Pepper & 1/2 diet Sprite. Mom said it as good (she drank the whole drink but later said it wasn't that good!

One of the side effects that Mom is dealing with is that everything is changing flavor because of the little bumps in her mouth. She thinks that she will like something and then it does not taste right to her. She also has some bumps on her scalp that are causing discomfort. But with all the side effects that she could be having I think we are happy that she has the ones that are the MOST tolerable.

Mom you are such a trooper and WE ALL are so proud of you! The boys wanted me to tell you that "they love you as big as the world!" Keep up the great work and take one day at a time!

2 comments:

... said...

So happy to hear that your mom is doing so well with her treatment!! We will keep the thoughts and prayer coming her way!! :)

Scrappin' Mama said...

Happy to hear you mom is doing so well. She will always be in my thoughts and prayers.