Monday, February 23, 2009

Mom is back in the hospital

Well we went for a CT this am. They said that she still had some infection so she needed to head to the office and then down to the admission at the hospital. After setting in the pre OP room for a little while. The doctor went in and found some of the foam that is used for the wound vac. From the 1st time that foam was put in. It has been been in there 3 WEEKS! The doctor was very happy that, that is what is causing the infection but disappointed that the care was not given right and removed the foam 3 weeks ago. Mom is doing great and looking so happy. This am she was in alot of pain (now we know because of the infection) and ready to eat and drink when I left at 4:30pm. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers

***I know that there is a little confusion........the home health nurse left the foam in thinking that she got it all, from now on the doctor said that it needs to be ONE continuous piece of foam******

4 comments:

Scrappin' Mama said...

Geez, never go back to that hospital... I am telling you that the University Hospital is the best...

The Tate Family said...

Oh Heather! I am so sorry to hear this! I am glad she is feeling better though..well duh...now that they found the second infection. Geez! Hugs to all of you!

... said...

Oh Heather, your poor mom has gone through so much. Do they know how long she is going to have to stay? I am happy to hear she was already feeling better by this evening though. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help ya. Give your mom hugs and let her know she is in our thoughts.

Lily Wise said...

Wow that's awful! I'm glad she is feeling better. She is in our thoughts and prayers.