Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It is getting down to the wire......

We are all.....well what do you say not really ready for the surgery to be over with but ready for the crucial part to be done and ready for the healing to start. I know that Mom is gonna do great she is such a strong women. By that I mean well..... most of you know her. We are like a pair that is ALOT alike. Strong headed, minded and ready to take things on by jumping in with both feet and start running.

I just got of the phone with Mom and I can tell that the anticipation is getting to her a little. This is something that she wants to be done but very nerves about the procedure which is very understanding. There has been some changes the procedure is expected to be just as long as the other one and she will be in ICU for 36 hours at least. I know that many have asked so here is the info : She will be at Methodist Transplant Hospital and surgery will start around 8 am. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

A little something for you Mom:

Remember the time that I had to have my tonsils and adenoids taken out. I went into the bathroom to "change" and locked myself in there and refused to come out......then y'all called the janitor to op-en the door. Do not pull any stunts like that cause I was 7 years old and a 6o year old lady might not get the same O she is scared reaction that I got.

We are gonna make sure that you eat and prepare food for you cause we all know that stress and you making food end up with burgers that are "fire balls" LOL That you still made us eat cause we laughed so hard at you.

Bubba and I will stay out of trouble while you are recovering cause I do not want you to miss the "Dad, let me explains!" And the pile of books put in to Bubba pants that even I could see that something was not right at age 3.........Bubba what were you thinking? LOL

Well I was talking to Mom and we were laughing so hard cause per her request to all my Aunts and Uncles PLEASE BRING A MAGAZINE AND DUCT TAPE TO KEEP YOURSELF QUITE SO THAT WE DO NOT GET INTO TROUBLE LIKE WE DID LAST TIME. For all that do not know what happened: When Mom had surgery last time we were sitting in the waiting room remind you Mom has 7 sisters and 2 brothers and we started talking and giggling and well I did not think that we were to load but were told by another man that we were. I understand that people are stressed and we all deal with it in our own way but it was not like we were having a party. But I guess when there is 20 people talking/ giggling it might sound like a party. We were trying to get everyone to be a little more at ease with what was going on. The surgery was to take around 8 to 10 hours.

I hope no one takes the post the wrong way but I know Mom reads it and will get a chuckle with all the funnies!

Mom I LOVE LOU!!!!!!!!!! You are gonna do GREAT! And remember no fighting with the STAFF!!!!

I will keep everyone updated

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather, Tell your mom she's on ours minds, we will keep her in our prayer.
You and bubba be good!

Love to all, Aunt Shaorn

Scrappin' Mama said...

Your mom is in my thoughts and prayers...

... said...

Your mother is in our thoughts and prayers Heather. PLEASE let me know if there is ANYTHNIG you need help with. I know your mom is so strong is gonna come through this great. Let us know how everything goes today, God Bless

Anonymous said...

Mom called a bit ago to tell me Aunt Hope was out of surgery. Let her know we love her and are thinking of you all!

Love ya guys!